Radama sentence example
- About that time, the Hova in the central province of Imerina began to assert their own position under two warlike and energetic chieftains, Andrianimpoina and his son Radama; they threw off the Sakalava authority, and after several wars obtained a nominal allegiance from them; they also conquered the surrounding tribes, and so made themselves virtual kings of Madagascar.
- The political history of Madagascar as a whole may be said to date from the reign of Radama I.
- For some years a British agent, Mr Hastie, resided at Radama's court, and exercised a powerful influence over the king, doing much for the material advance of the country.
- The bright prospects thus opening up were clouded by the death of Radama at the age of thirty-six, and the seizure of the royal authority by one of his wives, the Princess Ranavalona.
- This reign of terror was brought to a close in 1861 by the death of the queen and the accession of her son Radama II.Advertisement
- The Radama II.
- Radama I.
- The large disciplined army formed by Radama I.