Racemosa sentence example
- Among the first wild shrubs and trees that are met with are the chilca (Baccharis Feuillei), with a pretty yellow flower, the Mutisia acuminata, with beautiful red and orange flowers, several species of Senecio, calceolarias, the Schinus molle, with its graceful branches and bunches of red berries, and at higher elevations the lambras (Alnus acuminata), the sauco (Sambucus peruviana), the quenuar (Buddleia incana), and the Polylepis racemosa.
- cloudberry, cranberry, crowberry, red whortleberry), berried elder (Sambucus racemosa), wild raspberry and Spiraea.
- Colvillia racemosa, with yellow flowers; Astrapaea Wallichii, striking attention from its abundant flowers; and species of Cryptostegia, a purple-flowered creeper, and Strongylodon, another creeper with cream-coloured blossoms. Among attractive plants are species of Hibiscus, Euphorbia, Buddleia, Ixora, Kitchingia, Clematis, &c. On the east coast two orchids, species of Angraecum, with large white waxy flowers, one with an extraordinarily long spur or nectary, attract the attention of every traveller during June and July by their abundance and beauty.
- Arundinaria Racemosa - This grows about 15 feet high in its own country.
- A. spicata (common Baneberry or Herb Christopher), A. racemosa (black Snakeroot), A. alba (white Baneberry), having white berries with red stalks, and one or two American forms of the common Baneberry are in cultivation.Advertisement
- A nearly allied plant, B. racemosa, from Japan, is less freely climbing in habit, with more rounded leaves, greenish flowers and showy fruits turning from bright red to black.
- C. racemosa (Black Snakeroot), 3 to 8 feet high, with feathery racemes of white blossoms 1 to 3 feet long, which, being slender, droop gracefully; but the plants generally are not of much garden value.
- Meconopsis Racemosa - A rare plant but lately introduced to this country.
- Catesbaei and L. racemosa, all of which are known under the name Andromeda.
- Herbs used to treat amenorrhea include dong quai (Angelica sinensis), black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa), and chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus).Advertisement
- Herbs used to treat oligomenorrhea include dong quai (Angelica sinensis), black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa), and chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus).