Rabirius sentence example
- One with verses relating to the battle of Actium is believed to belong to a poem of Rabirius.
- Besides the three speeches against Publius Rullus and the four against Catiline, he delivered a number of others, among which that on behalf of Gaius Rabirius is especially notable.
- The charge was that Rabirius had killed Saturninus in zoo B.C., and by bringing it the democrats challenged the right of the senate to declare a man a public enemy.
- He was obliged to defend in 54 Publius Vatinius, whom he had fiercely attacked during the trial of Sestius; also Aulus Gabinius, one of the consuls to whom his exile was due; and Rabirius Postumus, an agent of Gabinius.
- In 63 B.C., at Caesar's instigation, he prosecuted Gaius Rabirius for treason; in the same year, as tribune of the plebs, he carried a plebiscite which indirectly secured for Caesar the dignity of pontifex maximus (Dio Cassius xxxvii.Advertisement