Rabbling sentence example
- The soldiery was withdrawn from the west, and the people at once showed their feelings by the " rabbling " or ejection of the curates who occupied g 7 p of 1688.
- Reverberatory furnaces of three types are employed in calcining copper ores: (I) fixed furnaces, with either hand or mechanical rabbling; (2) furnaces with movable beds; (3) furnaces with rotating working chambers.
- Hand rabbling in fixed furnaces has been largely superseded by mechanical rabbling.
- Of mechanically rabbling furnaces we may mention the O'Harra modified by Allen-Brown, the Hixon, the KellerGaylord-Cole, the Ropp, the Spence, the Wethey, the Parkes, Pearce's " Turret " and Brown's " Horseshoe " furnaces.
- Mechanical stirrers constitute a second division of mechanical furnaces, in which the labour of rabbling or stirring the charges is performed by combinations of levers and wheel-work taking motion from a rotating shaft, and more or less perfectly imitating the action of hand labour.Advertisement