Rabbenu sentence example
- 1328) of Toledo, usually cited as Rabbenu Asher.
- Asher ben Jehiel, a pupil of Me'ir of Rothenburg, was the author of the popular Talmudic compendium, generally quoted as Rabbenu Asher, on the lines of Alfasi, besides other halakhic works.
- Rabbenu, " our Rabbi teaches us "; on the critical questions connected with the titles and the present redaction (probably 5th century), see Jew.
- The master was addressed by his pupils with the word rabbi (" my teacher"), or rabbenu (" our teacher").
- It became customary to speak of Moses as Moshe rabbenu (" our teacher Moses").Advertisement
- Judah, grandson of Gamaliel II., known as the Prince or Patriarch (nasi), as Rabbenu (" our teacher "), or simply as " Rabbi " par excellence, was the editor.
- Important also are the introduction to and commentary upon the Mishnah by Maimonides (q.v.), and the commentary of Rabbenu Obadiah di Bertinoro (died 1510).
- about 1130), the commentator, and his teacher Menahem ben Helbo, Jacob ben Me'ir, called Rabbenu Tam (d.
- A friend of Joseph Qimhi, Jacob ben Me'ir, known as Rabbenu Tam of Ramerupt (d.