Rabah sentence example
- Rabah Zobeir >>
- In 1893 came the invasion of Bornu by Rabah, and the total stoppage of this caravan route for nearly ten years to the great detriment of the merchants of Ghadames.
- of Lake Chad is Dikwa (Dikoa), in Bornu, the town chosen by Rabah (q.v.) as his capital after his conquest of Bornu.
- the measures rendered necessary by the ravages of Rabah and his sons, withdrew their troops into French territory.
- The country in 1871 had been conquered by the sultan of Wadai, and about 1890 was over-run by Rabah Zobeir who subsequently removed farther west to Bornu.Advertisement
- The first expedition led thither through Bagirmi met with disaster, its leader, Paul Crampel, being killed by order of Rabah.
- A resident was left at the capital, Massenia, but on Gentil's withdrawal Rabah descended from Bornu and forced sultan and resident to flee.
- It was not until after the death of Rabah in battle and the rout of his sons (1901) that French authority was firmly established.
- A remnant of Zobeir's troops under a chief named Rabah succeeded in escaping westward, (see Rabah).
- Gentil, La Chute de l'Empire de Rabah (Paris, 1902).Advertisement