Raba sentence example
- RABA BEN JOSEPH BEN HAMA (c. 280-352), Babylonian rabbi or amora.
- Raba founded a new school at Mahuza, which eventually became so long as Raba lived the only academy in Babylonia (Persia).
- enabled Raba to secure a relaxation of the oppressive laws enacted against the Jews of Persia.
- IJiyya (known for his learning as " Sinai "), and those between their disciples Abayi and Raba, are responsible for many of the minute discussions in the Babylonian Gemara.
- The river Vistula, which becomes navigable at Cracow, and forms afterwards the north-western frontier of Galicia, receives the Sola, the Skawa, the Raba, the Dunajec with its affluents the Poprad and the Biala, the Wisloka, the San and the Bug.Advertisement