Quinua sentence example
- This lies near the village of Quinua, in an elevated valley 11,600 ft.
- there are crops of quinua (Chenopodium quinua).
- In the sierra region, wheat, barley, oats, quinua (Chenopodium quinoa), alfalfa, Indian corn, oca (Oxalis tuberosa) and potatoes are the principal products.
- Quinua is an indigenous plant, growing at elevations of 13,500 ft.
- Potatoes are grown everywhere in the sierras, and with quinua are the only crops that can be raised for human food above 13,000 ft.Advertisement
- above the sea, the indigenous species include the potato, maize, oca (Oxalis tuberosa), and quinua (Chenopodium quinoa), and the exotic species, wheat, barley, oats, alfalfa (Medicago saliva), and most of the fruits and vegetables of the northern temperate zone.