Quininae sentence example
- The ferri et quininae citras, one of the "scale preparations" of iron, is given as a haematinic and tonic in doses of about to grains.
- The pharmacopeial pilule quininae contains 5 parts of the sulphate in 6.
- Here the quinine acts as a bitter tonic. The tinctura quininae ammoniata or "ammoniated quinine" is made by mixing t 75 grains of quinine sulphate, 2 fluid oz.
- (b) Ferri et quininae citratis, greenish yellow scales soluble in water.
- Tartaric acid is rarely used alone, but is contained in pilula quininae sulphatis and in Seidlitz powder (see Sodium), and is a constituent of many proprietary granular effervescent preparations.Advertisement