Quietus sentence example
- Quietus sacked the city, Abgar perhaps dying in the flames, and made the state tributary.
- quietus, quiet.
- He wrote 7:- " And can a man his own quietus make With a bare bodkin?
- But in historical times the association of this god with conflagrations becomes very apparent; when Augustus organized the city in regiones and vici to check the constant danger from fires, the magistri vicorum (officers of administrative districts) worshipped him as Volcanus quietus augustus (C.I.L.
- Eight battles had been fought before the insurrection showed signs of weakening, and it continued for six months after Razin had received his quietus.Advertisement
- 261), Odainath took the side of Gallienus the son and successor of Valerian, attacked and put to death the usurper Quietus at Emesa (I.Ioms), and was rewarded for his loyalty by the grant of an exceptional position (A.D.
- " This is probably a later addition made to the legend at a time when such facts as the capture of Edessa by Lusius Quietus in 116 and its second capture and the destruction of its kingdom by the Romans in 216 had faded from memory.6 4 On the mechanism of Syriac verse, see Duval's admirable section on la poesie syriaque (Litt.