Quicherat sentence example
- Quicherat, he developed a strong inclination to the study of the middle ages.
- In 1835 Quicherat entered the Ecole des Chartes; he left two years later at the head of the college.
- After 1871, his course of lectures on diplomacy having been given up, Quicherat, still professor of archaeology, was nominated director of the Ecole des Chartes.
- Medieval archaeology has, since Quicherat, revealed how men were living while the monks wrote chronicles, and now cathedrals and castles are studied as genuine historic documents.
- As to her " supranormal " faculties, a matter concerning which belief largely depends on the point of view, it is to be remarked that Quicherat, a freethinker wholly devoid of clerical influences, admits them (Apercus nouveaux, 1850), saying that the evidence is as good as for any facts in her history.Advertisement
- Quicherat's great work, Le Proces de Jeanne d'Arc (1841-1849), a collection of the texts so full and so vivid that they reveal the character and life of the heroine with great distinctness.
- His father, a working cabinet-maker, came from Paray le Monial to Paris to support his large family; Quicherat was born there on the 13th of October 1814.
- There is a full description of French fairies of the 15th century in the evidence of Jeanne d'Arc at her trial (1431) in Quicherat's Proces de Jeanne d'Arc, vol.