Quezaltenango sentence example
- The mean elevation is greatest in the west (Altos of Quezaltenango) and least in the east (Altos of Guatemala).
- The capital of the republic, Guatemala or Guatemala la Nueva (pop. 1905 about 97,000) and the cities of Quezaltenango (31,000), Totonicapam (28,000), Coban (25,000), Solola (17,000), Escuintla (12,000), Huehuetanango (12,000), Amatitlan (io,000) and Atitlan (9000) are described under separate headings.
- Both Retalhuleu and Champerico were, like Quezaltenango, Solola, and other towns, temporarily ruined by the earthquake of the 18th of April 1902.
- The main lines are the Southern, belonging to an American company and running from San Jose to the capital; the Northern, a government line from the capital to Puerto Barrios, which completes the interoceanic railroad; and the Western, from Champerico to Quezaltenango, belonging to a Guatemalan company, but largely under German management.
- The telephonic systems of Guatemala la Nueva, Quezaltenango and other cities are owned by private companies.Advertisement
- At Quezaltenango there are two similar institutes, and at Chiquimula there are other two.