Quem sentence example
- The terminus ad quem is less certain - iron does not begin to be used for weapons in the Aegean till after Period III.
- Cities and kingdoms were allotted to their several patronage on a system fully expounded by Manilius: Hos erit in fines orbis pontusque notandus, Quem Deus in partes per singula dividit astra, Ac sua cuique dedit tutelae regna per orbem, Et proprias gentes atque urbes addidit altas, In quibus exercent praestantia sidera vires.s Syria was assigned to Aries, and Syrian coins frequently bear the effigy of a ram; Scythia and Arabia fell to Taurus, India to Gemini.
- The year A.D.140 is generally assigned as the terminus ad quem.
- In all such systems, God is the terminus ad quem, a direct knowledge of whom is not claimed, but who is, as it were, the hypothesis adopted, with varying degrees of certainty in different thinkers, for the explanation of the facts before them.
- The use made by James of earlier material is as important for determining the terminus a quo of its own date as the use of it by later writers for the terminus ad quem.Advertisement
- The one idea is the transcendental terminus a quo and the other the transcendental terminus ad quem of all knowledge.
- Its terminus ad quem is at present indeterminable.
- We also only possess a terminus ante quem for the associated watchtower on Holyhead Mountain.
- This post has been edited by OuriÃ§o: Feb 21 2006, 02:57 AM -------------------- " Menino quem te fez?
- In my opinion the Missives in this case unlike in Bamberger provide for a terminus ad quem following rescission.Advertisement
- Sulpicius shows the general Arbogast, a barbarian in the service of Rome, seeking to take vengeance on the Franks (392): " Collecto exercitu, transgressus Rhenum, Bricteros ripae proximos, pagum etiam quem Chamavi incolunt depopulatus est, nullo unquam occursante, nisi quod pauci ex Ampsivariis et Catthis Marcomere duce in ulterioribus collium jugis apparuere."
- There is a real change in the elements - we allow ut panis iam consecratus non sit panis quem natura formavit; sed, quem benedictio consecravit, et consecrando etiam immutavit" (Responsio, p. 263).
- The final manuscript appealed to by Roberts does come with a certain terminus post quem.
- This will give us the terminus ad quem for the whole section.