Quelpart sentence example
- QUELPART (CHAI-Ju), an island to the south of Korea, used as a Korean penal settlement.
- Quelpart was introduced to European notice by the Dutchman, Hendrik Hamil, who was shipwrecked there in 1653.
- Pelto has ancient breakwaters for the protection of small boats, erected, as many believe, by the Mongol conqueror, Kublai Khan, who in 1273 built on Quelpart one hundred ships for the invasion of Japan.
- The most important are Quelpart and the Nan Hau group. The latter, 36 m.
- from the eastern end of Quelpart, possesses the deep, well-sheltered and roomy harbour of Port Hamilton, which lies between the north points of the large and well-cultivated islands of Sun-ho-dan and Sodan, which have a population of 2000.Advertisement
- Recent eruptive and volcanic rocks are met with in the interior of Korea and also in the island of Quelpart.
- Hamel, a Dutchman, who was shipwrecked on the coast of Quelpart in 1654, and held in captivity in Korea for thirteen years.
- Quelpart >>