Qub sentence example
- He became secretary to the governor of Granada, and later physician and vizier to the Mohad caliph, Abu Ya`qub Yusuf.
- Ya`qub b.
- The great power long wielded by the Tahirids, not only in the eastern provinces, but also at Bagdad itself, had been gradually diminishing, and came to an end in the year 873, when Ya`qub the Saffarid occupied Nishapur and imprisoned Mahommed b.
- The power of Ya`qub then increased to such an extent that he was not content with the caliph's offer to recognize him as supreme in the provinces he had conquered, and military governor of Bagdad, but marched against Irak.
- inscriptions published by Sachau, who also visited and describes (pp. 204-206) the Der Ya`qub, nearly two hours distant.Advertisement
- Hamdani, in full ABU MAIIOMMED UL- IHASAN IBN AIIMAD IBN' YA ` QUB ULHamdani (d.
- The dismemberment of the empire continued fast in these years, and the caliph was compelled to recognize the virtual independence of the governors Ya`qub the Saffarid (see Saffarids and Persia, History, § B) in Seistan, and Ahmad b.