Quattro sentence example
- The hill above the town is crowned by the imposing Castello delle Quattro Torri, built in 1358, and now a prison.
- - The first bridge known to have been constructed at Rome over the Tiber was the timber Pons Sub Quattro Capi), of about 62 B.C., is practically intact; and the Pons Cestius, built probably in 46 B.C., retains much of the original masonry.
- The Pincian, the Esquiline, and the south-easterly part of the Caelian hills received essentially their present form by the creation of the Via Sistina, Felice, delle Quattro Fontane, di Sta Croce in Gerusalemme, &c.; by the buildings at Sta Maria Maggiore, the Villa Montalto, the reconstruction of the Lateran, and the aqueduct of the Felice, which partially utilized the Alexandrina and cost upwards of 300,000 scudi.
- In June the great popular festival "Dei Quattro Altari" is annually celebrated here in commemoration of the abolition of the feudal dominion in 1700.
- Fiorentino, Il Risorgimento filosofico nel quattro cento (Naples, 1885); Axel Herrlin, Studier i Nicolaus of Cues' Filosofi (Lund, 1892); H.Advertisement
- His style is clear and vigorous, and not unfrequently terse and epigrammatic. He published Quattro Novelle in 1829; Storia d'Italia sotto i Barbari in 1830; Vita di Dante, 1839; Meditazioni Storiche, 1842-1845; Le Speranze d'Italia, 1844; Pensieri sulla Storia d'Italia, 1858; Della Monarchia rappresentativa in Italia (Florence, 1857).
- PalazzoReale Quattro Cantoni 4.
- The most striking point in the city is the central space at the crossing of the main streets, called the Quattro Cantoni.
- The De'Longhi Quattro Plus model is priced at RRP £ 79.95 and fuelled by either a 7kg or 15kg cylinder of Calor gas butane.
- Another £ 1,400 buys the quattro four-wheel drive version.Advertisement