Quair sentence example
- of Scotland, in his Quair, ii.
- James was the author of two poems, the Kingis Quair and Good Counsel (a short piece of three stanzas).
- The Kingis Quair (preserved in the Selden MS. B.
- Its language is an artificial blend of northern and southern (Chaucerian) forms, of the type shown in Lancelot of the Laik and the Quair of Jelusy.
- The Kingis Quair was first printed in the Poetical Remains of James the First, edited by William Tytler (1783).Advertisement
- Brown (The Authorship of the Kingis Quair, Glasgow, 1896) have been convincingly answered by Jusserand in his Jacques Ier d'Ecosse fut-il poete ?