Quadratum sentence example
- Benedetto, of a building in opus quadratum, supposed to have been a public portico, under the monastery of S.
- The lower town was situated on the north edge of the valley, close to the Via Appia, which descended into the valley from the modern Albano, and re-ascended partly upon very fine substructions of opus quadratum, some 200 yds.
- Remains of the ancient theatre and of the city walls exist in the modern village, and above it is an area surrounded by a portico, in opus reticulatum, upon the north side of which is a rectangular building in opus quadratum, probably connected with the temple of Juno.
- Here it is defended by a fine wall of opus quadratum of tufa, in alternate courses of headers and stretchers.
- Here are remains of (earlier) structures in opus quadratum whereas the great bulk of the ruins are in brickwork and belong to the imperial period.Advertisement