Qasim sentence example
- At the end of that time Qasim Iyw~z was killed and the office which he had held was given to his son IsmaIl.
- Qasim invaded Makran, took Daibol, passed the Indus, and marched, after having beaten the Indian king Daher, through Sind upon Multan, which he conquered and whence he carried off an immense booty.
- Qasim, consented thus to set at naught the order of succession established by Abdalmalik; and Suleiman succeeded without difficulty on the death of his brother Jomada II.
- Qasim, the conqueror of India, cousin of Hajjaj, was dismissed from his post and outlawed.
- Having determined to fix the order of succession in so formal a manner as to take away all pretext for future contentions, he executed a deed by which he appointed his eldest son Mahommed his immediate heir, and after him the second, Abdallah, and after Abdallah the third, Qasim.Advertisement
- Mahommed received the surname of al-Amin (" the Sure"), Abdallah that of al-Ma`mun (" he in whom men trust"), and Qasim that of al-Mo`tamin billah (" he who trusts in God").
- It was at this I Abu Dolaf Qasim b.
- ZAMAKHSHARI [Abu-1 Qasim Mahmud ibn `Umar uzZamakhsharij (1074-1143), Arabian theologian and grammarian, was born at Zamakhshar, a village of Khwarizm, studied at Bokhara and Samarkand, and enjoyed the fellowship of the jurists of Bagdad.
- 1338; 738 A.u.), the Anfs-ul Arifin, or Friend of the Mystics, by I~sim (Qasim)-i-Anwar (d.