Qahtaba sentence example
- As soon as Abu Moslim had consolidated his authority, he sent his chief general Qahtaba against Nishapur.
- Qahtaba detached his son Masan against Nasr and went himself to meet Nobata, whom he beat on the ist of Dhu`l-hijja 130 (6th August 748).
- Near Nehawend, Ibn l)obara, at the head of a large army, encountered Qahtaba, but was defeated and killed.
- In the month of Dhu`l-ga`da 131 (June 749) Nehawend (Nehavend) surrendered, and thereby the way to Irak lay open to Qahtaba.
- Qahtaba himself perished in the combat, but his son Hasan entered Kufa without any resistance on the 2nd of September 749.Advertisement
- After the conquest of Nehawend, Qahtaba had detached one of his captains, Abu `Aun, to Shahrazur, where he defeated the Syrian army which was stationed there.
- Qahtaba, the commander of Mansur's army, was defeated, only a small division under `Isa b.
- Qahtaba made a victorious raid as far as Adhruliya (Dorylaeum); it was on his proposition that Mandi resolved on building the frontier town called Iladath (Adata), which became an outpost.