Procoelous sentence example
- - Procoelous; parietals united; eyelids functional; clavicles expanded as in the true geckos which they resemble in other respects.
- Procoelous vertebrae; ventral portions of the clavicles not dilated; parietal bones fused into one.
- f, P, This is particularly evident in the case of the Stegocephalians; and recent batrachians, tailed and tailless, show the mode of articulation of the vertebrae,whether amphicoelous, opisthocoelous or procoelous, to be of but secondary systematic importance in dealing with these lowly vertebrates.
- either to the vertebra anterior (procoelous type) or posterior (opisthocoelous type) to it, if not remaining as an independent, intervertebral, ossified sphere, as we sometimes find in specimens of Pelobatidae.
- Amphicoelous (bi-concave) vertebrae are found in the Apoda and in some of the Caudata; opisthocoelous (convexo-concave) vertebrae in the higher Caudata and in the lower Ecaudata; whilst the great majority of the Ecaudata have procoelous (concavo-convex) vertebrae.Advertisement
- (2) Procoelous, concave in front; only in the atlas, for the reception of the occipital condyle.