Poetae sentence example
- Dummler, Poetae latini aevi Carolini, i.
- Bergk, Poetae lyrici graeci, vol.
- Poetae latini aevi carolini, vol.
- See Bahrens, Poetae Latini Minores (1879) and Fragmenta Poetarum Latinorum (1886); Haupt, Opuscula, i.
- Bergk, Poetae lyrici graeci.Advertisement
- Hic Bunt poetae Pacuvi Marci sita Ossa.
- Dummler will be found in the Poetae latini aevi carolini, Bd.
- This departure into criticism he continued further in 1879 with a volume of papers, entitled Principle in Art, and again in 1893 with Religio poetae.
- He edited the first and second volumes of the Poetae latini aevi Carolini for the Monumenta Germaniae historica (Berlin, 1881-1884).
- His references to Septimius Serenus and Alfius Avitus, who belonged to the school of "new poets" (poetae neoterici or novelli) of the reign of Hadrian and later, seem to show that he was a near contemporary of those writers.Advertisement
- Florus is important as being the first in order of a number of 2nd-century African writers who exercised a considerable influence on Latin literature, and also the first of the poetae neoterici or novelli (new-fashioned poets) of Hadrian's reign, whose special characteristic was the use of lighter and graceful metres (anapaestic and iambic dimeters), which had hitherto found little favour.