Plein sentence example
- The Transvaal university college is in Plein Square, a little south of Park station.
- Away from the Lange Voorhout the fine Park Straat stretches to the "1813 Plein" or square, in the centre of which rises the large monument (1869) by Jaquet commemorating the jubilee of the restoration of Dutch independence in 1813.
- On the opposite side of the Binnenhof is the busy square called the Plein, where all the tram-lines meet.
- His delicate, largely monochrome studies, are all done ` en plein air ' .
- It was in Falmouth that Tuke began to paint male nudes ' en plein air ', something for which he became famous.Advertisement
- Choosing the right plein air painting supplies can help you capture the beauty of the great outdoors.
- Plein air painting, also known as painting en plein air, is painting in the open air.
- Artists who enjoy plein air painting say the practice teaches them how to "see" their surroundings.
- Plein air painting requires significantly more organization than painting in your studio.
- If possible, most artists recommend that you keep a separate set of supplies to be used exclusively for plein air painting.Advertisement
- The exact items you need for painting en plein air will depend upon your personal work style and whether you use oil, acrylics, or watercolors.
- If you're packing a kit of plein air painting supplies for use while traveling, it's best to leave items in your checked baggage.