Pleasure-loving sentence example
- The Malays are indolent, pleasure-loving, improvident beyond belief, fond of bright clothing, of comfort, of ease, and they dislike toil exceedingly.
- As a general rule, the Viennese are gay, pleasure-loving and genial.
- The boy was of an easy-going and pleasure-loving disposition, averse from sustained effort of any kind, and sensual by nature.
- Lacking in military enterprise, secluded and pleasure-loving, he seldom emerged from his palace life at Palermo.
- He described the natives as a bright, pleasure-loving people, dressed in sealskins or mats, and calling themselves Morioris or Maiorioris.Advertisement
- The Hawaiians are a good-tempered, light-hearted and pleasure-loving race.
- During the reign of the pleasure-loving Leo, Cardinal Giulio had practically the whole papal government in his hands and displayed all the qualities of a good administrator; and when, on the death of Adrian VI.
- By nature he was sociable and pleasure-loving, he proved himself a notable patron of the arts and he took a conspicuous part in all the gaieties of the congress of Vienna.
- He was a pleasure-loving sovereign, but showed judgment in the selection of his ministers.
- King Edward, as indolent In the and pleasure-loving in times of ease as he was active north and and ruthless in times of stress and battle, set himself west.Advertisement
- The king was idle and pleasure-loving.
- But he was young, pleasure-loving, and wanted the strength of will to make his good intentions effective.
- Versatile, lighthearted, boastful and pleasure-loving, he contrasts with the nobler and more intellectual character of Averroes.
- Pleasure-loving Florence was completely changed.