Plattsburg sentence example
- He attended the first Plattsburg Camp and was commissioned major in the U.S. Reserves in 1917, being assigned to the staff of Gen.
- In the Lower Silurian formation at Plattsburg and Chazy, in Clinton county, are two beautiful grey or grey and pink marbles, one of which is a favourite among domestic marbles for mantels, table tops and other interior decorations.
- For the training of teachers for the elementary schools the state maintains ten normal schools at Oswego (1863), Cortland (1866), Fredonia (1866), Potsdam (1866), Geneseo (1867), Brockport (1867), Buffalo (1867), New Paltz (1885), Oneonta (1887) and Plattsburg (1890); it also appropriates $700 annually for each teachers' training class in about one hundred of the secondary schools.
- During the war New Yorkers served with the regular troops at Niagara, Plattsburg and other places on the western and northern frontiers of the state.
- But his naval support, ill prepared, was hurried into action by him at Plattsburg on the 11th of September, and defeated.Advertisement
- To him was largely due the establishment of a summer camp at Plattsburg for training civilian officers, which was taken as a model for other camps of the kind after America's entrance into the World War.
- Most of the suburbs are separate municipalities, namely, Stockton, Carrington, Wickham, Hamilton, Merewether, Adamstown, Waratah, New Lambton, Lambton, Wallsend and Plattsburg.