Platov sentence example
- Platov's division was acting independently of the main army.
- On the previous day Platov reconnoitered with two Cossack regiments and two squadrons of hussars.
- Only recently, talking with one of Platov's Cossack officers, Rostov had argued that if Napoleon were taken prisoner he would be treated not as a sovereign, but as a criminal.
- They say the other day Matthew Ivanych Platov drove them into the river Marina and drowned some eighteen thousand in one day.
- He found the Cossacks, inquired for the regiment operating with Platov's detachment and by evening found his master, Nicholas Rostov, quartered at Yankovo.Advertisement
- Vasilchikov and Platov had already seen the count and explained to him that it was impossible to defend Moscow and that it would have to be surrendered.
- Ermolov, Miloradovich, Platov, and others in proximity to the French near Vyazma could not resist their desire to cut off and break up two French corps, and by way of reporting their intention to Kutuzov they sent him a blank sheet of paper in an envelope.
- They say Platov took 'Poleon himself twice.