Pius iv sentence example
- In 1560 his uncle, Cardinal Angelo de'Medici, was raised to the pontificate as Pius IV.
- It was defined in the canons of the council of Trent, as promulgated by Pope Pius IV.
- Ochino, in the twenty-eighth of his Dialogi XXX., 1563 has a colloquy on the treatment of heretics, between Pius IV.
- This was significantly foreshadowed when Pius IV.
- He was at first reluctant, but by consent of Pius IV.Advertisement
- That the dangers of heresy might be avoided, laymen were forbidden to argue about matters of faith by Pope Alexander IV., an oath "to abjure every heresy and to maintain in its completeness the Catholic faith" was required by the council of Toledo (1129), the reading of the Scriptures in the vulgar tongue was not allowed to the laity by Pope Pius IV.
- St Charles Borromeo wrote to the presiding cardinals, on the 11th of May 1562, saying that, as France was disaffected to the Jesuits whom the pope wished to see established in every country, Pius IV.