Pius ii sentence example
- All Podébrad's endeavours to establish peace with Rome proved ineffectual, and though the death of Pius II.
- In the following year there was a fresh rebellion, when the emperor Frederick was actually crowned king by the malcontents at Vienna-Neustadt (March 4, 1 459); but Matthias drove him out, and Pope Pius II.
- The Piccolomini Library, adjoining the duomo, was founded by Cardinal Francesco Piccolomini (afterwards Pius III.) in honour of his uncle, Pius II.
- Aeneas Sylvius issued, immediately after his accession to the papacy as Pius II.
- The place was originally called Corsignano and owes its present name to Aeneas Silvius Piccolomini, Pope Pius II.Advertisement
- When Aeneas Sylvius Piccolomini was elected pope as Pius II.
- If we except the Eastern question, Pius II.
- But his greatest joy was that he succeeded where Pius II.
- In 1 459 he had acted as governor of Rome during the absence of his friend Pope Pius II.
- In 1438-1439 the plague was in Germany, and its occurrence at Basel was described by Aeneas Sylvius, afterwards Pope Pius II.Advertisement
- The town is dominated by the medieval castle (1655 ft.), built by Cardinal Albornoz (1367) and added to by Popes Pius II.
- He was an accomplished Oxonian, who made a speech at Rome in such good Latin as to draw tears from the eyes of that great patron of letters Pope Pius II.
- In the, 4th century it belonged to Pisa, then to Florence, then, after being seized by the Spanish fleet, it was ceded to Antonio Piccolomini, nephew of Pius II.
- She was of noble birth and seems to have attracted Sigismondo's notice as early as 1438, for at the age of twenty he produced verses of some merit in praise of her charms. She was indeed widely celebrated for her beauty and intellect, culture, firmness and prudence; and even Pope Pius II.
- In 1466 he was able to return to Rimini, for Pius II.Advertisement
- Its most important achievements were the registration at its eleventh sitting (r 9th December 1516) of the abolition of the pragmatic sanction, which the popes since Pius II.