Pigafetta sentence example
- This narrative, under the title of Description of the Kingdom of Congo, was published at Rome by Pigafetta in 1591.
- Isaac Voss, in his work De Nili (1659), published a map of central Africa, in which he anticipated D'Anville by rejecting all the fanciful details which found a place upon Filippo Pigafetta's map of that continent.
- Among these may be especially noted the small Casa Pigafetta dating from 1481, but still half Gothic, prettily decorated.
- Pigafetta gives an interesting account of the place and of the reception of the adventurers by the sultan.
- This work was completed before the arrival of Pigafetta in 1521.Advertisement
- In the reign of Sultan Bulkeiah Magellan's squadron anchored off the mouth of Brunei river in August 1521, and Pigafetta makes mention of the splendid court and the imperial magnificence of the Borneo capital.