Pietra sentence example
- The father's literary tastes, general inquisitiveness, and powers of intrigue reappeared in Napoleon, who, however, derived from his mother Letizia (a descendant of the Ramolino and Pietra Santa families) the force of will, the power of forming a quick decision and of maintaining it against all odds, which made him so terrible an opponent both in war and in diplomacy.
- Pietra forte of the Cretaceous period is quarried north and south of the city, and has been used for centuries as paving stone and for the buildings.
- Pietra serena or macigno, a stone of a firm texture also used for building purposes, is quarried at Monte Ceceri below Fiesole.
- Then, repenting this ill-judged step, he hurried in person to the French camp at Pietra Santa and humbled himself before the king.
- Returning full of hope from Pietra Santa, Savonarola might well have been dismayed by the distracted state of public affairs.Advertisement
- The pietra Jura work belongs to the Persian school; and the common belief that it was designed by Austin de Bordeaux, a French architect in the service of Shah Jahan, is probably incorrect.
- Between the windows, there are gilt and ' pietra dura ' console tables with late 17th century Genoese carved and gilt supporting figures.
- Umberto Cesari and his wife, Giuliana, founded their estate in Castel San Pietra.
- This 2002 Sangiovese di Romagna Riserva is made from vineyards around Castel San Pietra and neighboring Imola.