Pierpont sentence example
- Pierpont was chosen governor of Virginia, other officers were elected and the convention adjourned.
- Pierpont, Lectures on the Theory of Functions of Real Variables (1905).
- Pierpont Morgan, who generously returned it to the Italian government, and it was then placed for greater safety in the Galleria Corsini at Rome.
- Pierpont Morgan, and Mr Carnegie himself retired from business, he was bought out at a figure equivalent to a capital of approximately 100,000,000.
- Litchfield was the birthplace of Ethan Allen; of Henry Ward Beecher; of Harriet Beecher Stowe, whose novel, Poganuc People, presents a picture of social conditions in Litchfield during her girlhood; of Oliver Wolcott, Jr. (1760-1833); of John Pierpont (1785-1866), the poet, preacher and lecturer; and of Charles Loring Brace, the philanthropist.Advertisement
- Pierpont set up in Richmond a government, based upon the Lincoln plan and supported by President Johnson, which continued till the 2nd of March 1867, when the famous reconstruction order converting the state into Military District No.
- Meanwhile officers for the new state were chosen, and Governor Pierpont removed his capital to Alexandria where he asserted jurisdiction over the counties of Virginia within the Federal lines.
- Effects can range anywhere from headaches and nausea to long-term issues with anxiety and the so-called "wind turbine noise syndrome", a term coined by Nina Pierpont in her book, "Wind Turbine Syndrome".