Philosophique sentence example
- His first works, Theorie des lois criminelles (1781) and Bibliotheque philosophique du legislateur (1782), were on the philosophy of law, and showed how thoroughly Brissot was imbued with the ethical precepts of Rousseau.
- Bonnet had the courage of his opinions, and in the Palingenesie philosophique, part vi.
- However, he succeeded in finishing and printing the Siècle de Louis XI V., while the Dictionnaire philosophique is said to have been devised and begun at Potsdam.
- His largest philosophical work, at least so called, is the curious medley entitled Dictionnaire philosophique, which is compounded of the articles contributed by him to the great Encyclopedie and of several minor pieces.
- The Decade philosophique (year V., or 1796/1797), founded by Ginguene, is the first periodical of the magazine class which appeared after the storms of the Revolution.Advertisement
- The Jeune Captive appeared in the Decade philosophique, Jan.
- From 1794 to 1800 Say edited a periodical entitled La Decade philosophique, litteraire, et politique, in which he expounded the doctrines of Adam Smith.
- Some articles which Fauriel published in the Decade philosophique (1800) on a work of Madame de Stael's - De la litterature consideree dans ses rapports avec les institutions sociales - led to an intimate friendship with her.
- This is still more the case with the bitter polemic of Daniel Huet (1630-1721), Censura philosophiae Cartesianae, and his later work, Traite philosophique de la faiblesse de l'esprit humain.
- Cantor, Vorlesungen fiber Geschichte der Mathematik (Leipzig, t880); P. Tannery, " Thales de Milet ce qu'il a emprunte a l'Egypte," Revue Philosophique, March 1880; " La Tradition touchant Pythagore, Oenopide, et Thales," Bul.Advertisement
- In the Huetiana (1722) of the abbe d'Olivet will be found material for arriving at an idea of his prodigious labours, exact memory and wide scholarship. Another posthumous work was his Traite philosophique de la faiblesse de l'esprit humain (Amsterdam, 1723).
- Besides the work cited above and his political pamphlets, he was the author of Coup d'ceil philosophique sur le regne de St Louis (1786); L'Annee francaise (1788); La Bastille devoilee (1789); La Police de Paris devoilee (1791); and Lettres sur la Revolution (1792).
- However, he succeeded in finishing and printing the SiÃ¨cle de Louis XI V., while the Dictionnaire philosophique is said to have been devised and begun at Potsdam.
- Voltaire hastily seized his pen to refute the philosophy of the Systeme in the article "Dieu" in his Dictionnaire philosophique, while Frederick the Great also drew up an answer to it.