Philologie sentence example
- For criticisms of this edition see Traube in Roederer's Schriften fiir germanische Philologie (1888).
- From 1878 till his death Curtius was general editor of the Leipziger Studien zur classischen Philologie.
- One of the most active writers on Polish philology and literature is Wladyslaw Nehring, whose numerous contributions to the Archiv fiir slavische Philologie of Professor Jagic entitle him to the gratitude of all who have devoted themselves to Slavonic studies.
- He undertook travels in Asia Minor, Greece and Syria, the fruits of which were published in two Memoires, crowned by the Institute, and in his Mélanges de numismatique et de philologie (1861).
- The people of India already possessed their Brahmi alphabet, of these alphabets is drawn from this work and from the same author's Indische Palciographie in the Grundriss der indo-arischen Philologie, to which is attached an atlas of plates (Strassburg, 1896), and in which a full bibliography is given.Advertisement
- Die deutsche Philologie im Grundriss (1836) was at the time of its publication a valuable contribution to philological research, and historians of German literature still attach importance to his Geschichte des deutschen Kirchenliedes bis auf Luther (1832; 3rd ed., 1861), Unsere volkstiimlichen Lieder (3rd ed., 1869) and Die deutschen Gesellschaftslieder des 16.
- From1831-1855Klotz was editor of the Neue Jahrbacher far Philologie (Leipzig).
- Important articles by many of the above writers, and by other philologists of note, will be found in Roman/a, the Ze/tschr-ift fur romanische Philologie, the Revue des langues romanes, the Rev/ski lusilana, the Revue his panique, the Bulletin his panique, Cult ura espanola and the A rchiv fur des Studium der neueren Sprachen.
- For an analysis of the Lais see Revue de philologie francaise, viii.
- Girard, E tudes sur la poesie grecque (1884); Kaibel in PaulyWissowa's Realencyclopddie, according to whom Epicharmus was a Siceliot; for the papyrus fragment, Blass in Jahrbiicher fur Philologie, cxxxix., 1889.Advertisement