Pettigrew sentence example
- Bell Pettigrew first satisfactorily analysed those movements, and reproduced them by the aid of artificial wings.
- The artificial wing recommended by Pettigrew is a more exact imitation of nature than either of the foregoing.
- In addition to the foregoing, Pettigrew recommended a double elastic wing to be applied to the air like a steam-hammer, by being fixed to the FIG.
- After Pettigrew enunciated his views (1867) as to the screw configuration and elastic properties of natural wings, and more especially after his introduction of spiral, elastic artificial wings, and elastic screws, a great revolution took place in the construction of flying models.
- In 1872 Penaud discarded the rigid screws in favour of elastic ones, as Pettigrew had done some years before.Advertisement
- Pettigrew, there is reason to believe, was the first to advocate the employment of elastic screws for aerial purposes.
- A vertical movement having been communicated by means of india-rubber in a state of torsion to the roots of the wings, the wings themselves, in virtue of their elasticity, and because of the resistance experienced from the air, twisted and untwisted and formed reciprocating screws, precisely analogous to those originally described and figured by Pettigrew in 1867.
- Chin., p. 561; Pettigrew, Journ.
- Peter Pettigrew - Pettigrew's death was a long time coming after the rat like man betrayed the Potter family and Harry time and again in his service to Voldemort.