Peterhouse sentence example
- In 1897 the freedom of the city of Manchester was conferred upon him, and in 1900 he was elected master of Peterhouse, Cambridge.
- Entering at Cambridge in 1850, he spent a term or two at Peterhouse, but afterwards migrated to Trinity.
- After attending the Academy at Edinburgh and spending a session at the University, he went up to Cambridge as a member of Peterhouse, and graduated as senior wrangler and first Smith's prizeman in 1852.
- He went to Cambridge as a sizar of Magdalene College in 1616, migrated to Peterhouse in 1618, was bachelor in 1619 and master of arts in 1623.
- He was sent to Eton and Peterhouse, Cambridge, where he took the degree of LL.B.Advertisement
- In May 1555 he became a fellow of Peterhouse.
- He matriculated at Peterhouse, Cambridge, in December 1580, being then almost certainly a Roman Catholic; but soon became a convinced Protestant, with strong Puritan leanings.
- He was sent to school at Hackney in 1742, and in 174 9 entered Peterhouse, Cambridge, which he left in 1753, without taking a degree.
- He was there coached by William Hopkins of Peterhouse, was admitted a scholar of the college in May 1840, and graduated as senior wrangler in 1842, and obtained the first Smith's Prize at the next examination.
- In 1634 Cosin was appointed master of Peterhouse, Cambridge; and in 1640 he became vice-chancellor of the university.Advertisement
- For sending the university plate to the king, he was deprived of the mastership of Peterhouse (1642).
- In 1280 the bishop obtained a charter allowing him to replace the secular brethren residing in his hospital of St John at Cambridge by "studious scholars"; a second charter four years later entirely differentiated these scholars from the brethren of the hospital, and for them Hugh de Balsham founded and endowed the college of Peterhouse.
- In 1841 William Thomson entered Peterhouse, Cambridge, and in 1845 took his degree as second wrangler, to which honour he added that of the first Smith's Prize.
- In the same year Thomson was elected fellow of Peterhouse.