Peter iii sentence example
- The short reign of Paul (1796-1801) resembled in many points the still shorter one of his father, Peter III.
- The city held out until Peter III.
- He re-emerges for a brief moment in 1762, when the philo-German Peter III.
- From 1727 to 1750 he was bishop of Lubeck, and administrator of Holstein-Kiel during the minority of Duke Charles Peter Ulrich, afterwards Peter III.
- This advance was only arrested, when the opposing forces were almost within touch of each other, by the tidings that a revolution had taken place at St Petersburg, and that Peter III.Advertisement
- The grand duke succeeded without opposition as Peter III.
- The hatred felt for Peter III.
- But just as the Russian and Danish armies had come within striking distance, the tidings reached Copenhagen that Peter III.
- The malcontents were led by the Salernitan noble Giovanni da Procida, a friend of the emperor Frederick and of Manfred, who had taken refuge at the court of Peter III.
- While serving in the capital as an artillery officer he caught the fancy of Catherine II., and was the leader of the conspiracy which resulted in the dethronement and death of Peter III.Advertisement
- It was he who conveyed Peter III.
- They were six in number; Peter III.