Pesth sentence example
- At the end of the year, when the Austrians were approaching Pesth, he asked for the mediation of Mr Stiles, the American envoy.
- He died in Turin on the 20th of March 1894; his body was taken to Pesth, where he was buried amid the mourning of the whole.
- Since the early days of international telegraphy, conferences of representatives of government telegraph departments and companies have been held from time to time (Paris 1865, Vienna 1868, Rome 1871 and 1878, St Petersburg 1875, London 1879, Berlin 1885,1885, Paris 1891, Buda Pesth 1896, London 1903).
- Educated at the Jesuit seminary at Kalksburg and at the universities of Vienna and Pesth, a long foreign tour completed his curriculum, and at Paris he made the acquaintance of Montalembert, a kindred spirit, whose influence on the young Apponyi was permanent.
- In Hungary there are societies at Buda Pesth and Gyorkony.Advertisement
- His fault cannot have been very serious, for he was shortly afterwards (he had in the meantime settled in Pesth) appointed by Count Hunyady to be his deputy at the National Diet in Pressburg (1825-1827, and again in 1832).
- When Jellachich was marching on Pesth he went from town to town rousing the people to the defence of the country, and the popular force of the Honved was his creation.
- England particularly attracted him, and his fascinating book, Aus dem Tagebach eines in Grossbritannien reisenden Ungarns (Pesth, 1837), gained for him the membership of the Hungarian Academy.