Periodoi sentence example
- This points to "Clement" as a brief title for the Clementine Periodoi, a title actually found in a Syriac MS. of A.D.
- It was, then, to these "Preachings of Peter" that the most Ebionite features, and especially the anti-Pauline allusions under the guise of Simon still inhering in the Periodoi (as implied by Homilies in particular), originally belonged.
- A probable date for the "Preachings" used in the Periodoi is c. 200.2 1 While Hort and Waitz say c. 200, Harnack says c. 260.
- If the home of the Periodoi was the region of the Syrian Laodicea, we can readily explain most of its characteristics.
- As regards the sources of the narrative part of the Periodoi, it is possible that the "recognition" motif was a literary commonplace.Advertisement