Perignon sentence example
- Four generals - Kellermann, .Lefebvre, Perignon, Serrurier - received the titles of honorary marshals.
- The actual discovery of this type of wine is ascribed to Dom Perignon, a monk who managed the cellars of the abbey of Haut Villers from 1670 to 1715.
- It appears also that it was this same Dom Perignon who first used cork as a material for closing wine bottles.
- It is very likely that the discovery of the utility of cork for stoppering led to the invention of effervescent wine, the most plausible explanation being that Dom Perignon closed some bottles filled with partially fermented wine, with the new material, and on opening them later observed, the effects produced by the confined carbonic acid gas.
- For example, if you are torn between Dom Perignon at your cocktail reception and exotic floral arrangements, you need to decide what is more important to you.Advertisement
- If you'd like to check out an auction site to see if you can find that 1998 Dom Perignon, then visit the following sites.
- Now that isn't to say that you should be keeping your Dom Perignon or aged Burgundies in this thing, but not all the wine I drink is of the "coveted" status.
- If you don't have a clue of what to give, I always default to Champagne and a bottle of Dom Perignon, and while perhaps it's a hackneyed gift it is for a reason-it's always appreciated and never a mistake.
- Don't get carried away and open a bottle of Dom Perignon to mix into your cocktail, but that doesn't mean you should head out and stock up on André either.
- Choose from sumptuous gifts such as Dom Perignon Champagne and Chocolates--perfect for a new bride and groom, or for an anniversary.Advertisement