Peres sentence example
- Ceillier's other work, Apologie de la morale des peres de l'eglise (Paris, 1718), also won some celebrity.
- Enfantin and Bazard were proclaimed "Peres Supremes."
- The order of African missionaries thus founded, for which Lavigerie himself drew up the rule, has since become famous as the Peres Blanes.
- He was sent to school at Lyons in 1805, but not being happy there was transferred to the care of the Peres de la Foi at Belley, where he remained until 1809.
- Among his own productions are a treatise, De la morale des peres, a history of ancient treaties contained in the Supplement au grand corps diplomatique, and the curious Traite du jeu (1709), in which he defends the morality of games of chance.Advertisement
- He entered the order of the barefooted Augustinians on the 31st of March 1644, and it was in their monastery (called the Couvent des Petits Peres, near the church of Notre-Dame des Victoires) that he died, on the 17th of January 1694.
- The task was taken up and continued by two other friars of the Couvent des Petits Peres, Father Ange de Sainte-Rosalie (Francois Raffard, 16J51726), and Father Simplicien (Paul Lucas, 1683-1759), who published the first and second volumes of the third edition in 1726.
- From the name Rapides des Peres, which the French applied to the place, was derived the name De Pere.
- During the next five years she lavished wealth and titles upon her lover Fernando Peres, count of Trava, thus estranging her son, the archbishop of Braga and the nobles, most of whom were foreign crusaders.
- In I128, after her power had been crushed in another unsuccessful conflict with Leon and Castile, she was deposed by her own rebellious subjects and exiled in company with Peres.Advertisement
- See the Bibliotheque des Peres de la Compagnie de Jesus by Father Carlos Sommervogel, tome vii.