Percies sentence example
- He was at once joined by the Percies; and Richard, abandoned by his friends, surrendered at Flint on the 19th of August.
- From the start Henry was embarrassed by the power and pretensions of the Percies.
- From October 1400 the administration of Wales was conducted in his name; less than three years later he was in actual command of the English forces and fought against the Percies at Shrewsbury.
- With the tidings of this truce arrived, in April, a body of French knights who desired to enjoy fighting, and though dates are obscure they seem to have caused, by a raid in April, a retaliatory foray by the Percies in May or June.
- The Percies were to rise in arms, and meeting Owen at Shrewsbury, overwhelm the prince before help could arrive.Advertisement
- It was an uncle of this Edmund who took part with Owen Glendower and the Percies; and for advocating the cause of Edmund Archbishop Scrope was put to death.
- The conspirators were his Henry cousin, Richard, earl of Cambridge, Lord Scrope, and Sir Thomas Grey, a kinsman of the Percies.
- But it is not so fantastic to ascribe its birth to the personal hatred that existed between Richard of York and Edmund of Somerset, to the old family grudge (going back to 1405) between the Percies and the Nevilles, to the marriage alliance that bound the houses of York and Neville together, and to other less wellremembered quarrels or blood-ties among the lesser baronage.
- Risings like that of the Percies in 1403 were not the things which the seventh Henry had to fear.