Penis sheath sentence example
- A penis sheath is a supplement to the male body enclosing the glans and penis, leaving the scrotum uncovered.
- Archeological evidence suggests the practice of applying a penis sheath dates to the prehistoric Near East, Minoan Crete, archaic Greece, and Roman Italy.
- Sometimes a cord or cloth wrap is used to hold the penis sheath on or at a particular angle.
- The function of the penis sheath in any society is the subject of some debate among scholars and requires more research.
- However, some anthropologically sound functions of the penis sheath can be identified, such as it acting as a carrying pouch, protection, display, or a marker of age, status, or tribal identity.Advertisement
- The penis sheath and its wrappings can serve as a place to store dry tinder and tobacco.
- Some scholars suggest the penis sheath functioned as a threat or dominance display in battle.
- In any case, one can see by looking at various examples of the penis sheath that it both conceals the penis and draws attention to the genital region.
- The age when a boy begins wearing a penis sheath varies from society to society.
- Often, the morphology of the penis sheath will differ from place to place, so the individual can be visually identified as a member of one group or another.Advertisement
- Even though different groups may have a general style of penis sheath unique to them, there may be little standardization within the group, allowing the individual the opportunity for aesthetic expression.
- Similarly, absence of a penis sheath communicates state of mind.
- For some groups, not wearing a penis sheath means the man is an adulterer (implying one function of the penis sheath as contraception by inconvenience), feeble minded, or in mourning and temporarily withdrawing from social life.
- With a handful of exceptions, the penis sheath is exclusively a masculine symbol.