Penaud sentence example
- Armour, 2 and elastic aeroplanes, wings and screws by Alphonse Penaud.3 Penaud's experiments are alike interesting and instructive.
- In 1872 Penaud discarded the rigid screws in favour of elastic ones, as Pettigrew had done some years before.
- Penaud also substituted india-rubber under torsion for the whalebone and clock springs of the smaller models, and the steam of the larger ones.
- Penaud next directed his attention to the construction of a model, to be propelled by a screw and sustained by an elastic aeroplane extending horizontally.
- Penaud succeeded in overcoming the difficulty in question by the invention of what he designated an automatic rudder.Advertisement
- From experiments made with this model, Penaud calculates that one horse-power would elevate and support 85 lb.
- De Villeneuve and Penaud constructed their winged models on different types, the former selecting the bat, the latter the bird.
- Penaud's arrangement is shown in fig.
- In Penaud's artificial bird the equilibrium is secured by the addition of a tail.