Penas sentence example
- Thus in the central district of Val de Penas and in the Rioja region (situated between Old Castile and Navarre) in the north-east are produced red wines which in regard to vinosity, body and in some other respects resemble the heavier clarets or burgundies of France - although not possessing the delicacy and elegance of the latter.
- The Taytao peninsula, incorrectly called the Tres Montes on some maps, is a westward projection of the mainland, with which it is connected by the narrow isthmus of Ofqui, over which the natives and early missionaries were accustomed to carry their boats between the Moraleda Channel and Gulf of Penas.
- Below the Taytao peninsula is the broad open Gulf of Penas, which carries the coast-line eastward fully ioo m.
- The large Gulf of Penas, south of Taytao peninsula, is open to the westerly storms of the Pacific, but it affords entrance to several natural harbours.
- But an end was at least put to the existence of penas bravas in.Advertisement
- Only a single line of passes characterizes the main ridge, and amongst them are the passes of 0111ta (15,026 ft.), Penas Negras (14435 ft.), Pircas Negras (13,615 ft.), La Gallina (16,240 ft.), Tres Quebradas (15535 ft.), and Aguita (15,485 ft.).