Pelagia sentence example
- In the Greek synaxaria the same day is assigned to two other saints of the name of Pelagia - one, also of Antioch, and sometimes called Margarito and also "the sinner"; the other, known as Pelagia of Tarsus, in Cilicia.
- In associating St Pelagia with St Marina, St Margaret, and others, of whom either the name or the legend recalls Pelagia, Hermann Usener has endeavoured to show by a series of subtle deductions that this saint is only a Christian travesty of Aphrodite.
- But there is no doubt of the existence of the first Pelagia of Antioch, the Pelagia of Ambrose and Chrysostom.
- A similar condition is seen in Pelagia, where the number of gastric pouches is increased to sixteen.
- In some genera they are absent, as, for instance, in Pelagia, Cyanea and Rhizostorna.Advertisement
- The stomach has sixteen marginal pouches and the general anatomical structure recalls that of Pelagia.
- Thus in Pelagia the scyphistoma-stage is free-swimming and changes directly into the ephyra, which in its turn grows into the adult form.