Peiresc sentence example
- It has always been a question what it was that determined Grotius, when an exile in Paris in 1625, to that particular subject, and various explanations have been offered; among others a casual suggestion of Peiresc in a letter of early date.
- It consists of some translations of Livy and Seneca, and of a very large number of interesting and admirably written letters, many of which are addressed to Peiresc, the man of science of whom Gassendi has left a delightful Latin life.
- The only literary work of this period is the Life of Peiresc, which has been frequently reprinted, and was translated into English.
- The Lives, especially those of Copernicus, Tycho and Peiresc, have been justly admired.
- That of Peiresc has been repeatedly printed; it has also been translated into English.Advertisement