Peekskill sentence example
- At Peekskill are the Peekskill military academy (1833, nonsectarian); St Mary's school, Mount St Gabriel (Protestant Episcopal), a school for girls established by the sisterhood of St Mary; the Field memorial library; St Joseph's home (Roman Catholic); the Peekskill hospital, and several sanatoria.
- Peekskill has many manufactures, and the factory products were valued in 1905 at $7,251,897, an increase of 306.7% since 1900.
- During the latter part of the War of Independence Peekskill was an important outpost of the Continental Army, and in the neighbourhood several small engagements were fought between American and British scouting parties.
- Peekskill was the country home of Henry Ward Beecher.
- He received practically no schooling, but worked with his father at hat-making in New York city, at brewing in Peekskill, at brick-making in Catskill, and again at brewing in Newburgh.Advertisement
- Mel Gibson was born Mel Colm-Cille Gerard Gibson, on January 3, 1956, in Peekskill, New York.