Paxton sentence example
- The designer was Sir Joseph Paxton.
- There are six parks, of which the People's Park of 122 acres, presented by Sir Francis Crossley in 1858, is laid out in ornate style from designs by Sir Joseph Paxton.
- In this year Paxton received the honour of knighthood.
- Paxton was elected in 1826 a fellow of the Horticultural Society.
- This quiet was interrupted, however, by the " Paxton Massacre " (Dec. 14, 1763) - the slaughter of a score of Indians (children, women and old men) at Lancaster, Pennsylvania, by some young rowdies from the town of Paxton, who then marched upon Philadelphia to kill a few Christian Indians there.Advertisement
- Franklin, appealed to by the governor, raised a troop sufficient to frighten away the " Paxton boys," and for the moment there seemed a possibility of an understanding between Franklin and the proprietors.
- In December 1763 six Christian Indians, Conestogas, were massacred by the " Paxton boys " from Paxton near the present Harrisburg; the Indians who had escaped were taken to Lancaster for safe keeping but were seized and killed by the " Paxton boys," who with other backwoodsmen marched upon Philadelphia early in 1764, but Quakers and Germans gathered quickly to protect it and civil war was averted, largely by the diplomacy of Franklin.
- The Paxton massacre marked the close of Quaker supremacy and the beginning of the predominance of the Scotch-Irish pioneers.
- It is soppy, silly and sugar-coated entertainment with some nicely funny moments with sultry young Sara Paxton impressive as mermaid aquamarine.
- One of the set decorators on Galaxy of Terror was a Bill Paxton.Advertisement
- The best time to hear nightingales at Paxton is at dawn or dusk, in scrub along the Haul Road or the Heronry Trail.
- Joseph Paxton and Thomas Smith were employed to landscape the demesne with serpentine walks and formal gardens.
- She is friends with fellow actresses Emma Roberts, Sarah Paxton and Alexa Vega.
- Lyndon Johnson Told The Nation - Tom Paxton penned this song about the escalation of tension in Vietnam and the subsequent march to war.