Pavlovich sentence example
- PETER PAVLOVICH SHAFIROV, Baron (1670-1739), Russian statesman, one of the ablest coadjutors of Peter the Great, was of obscure, and in all probability of Jewish, extraction.
- Alexis Pavlovich Fedchenko >>
- Constantine Pavlovich >>
- NICHOLAS PAVLOVICH IGNATIEV, Count (1832-1908), Russian diplomatist, was born at St Petersburg on the 29th of January 1832.
- One of Alexander III.'s first acts was to confirm " the constitution which was granted to the grand-duchy of Finland by His Majesty the emperor Alexander Pavlovich of most glorious memory, and developed with the consent of the estates of Finland by our dearly beloved father of blessed memory the emperor Alexander Nicolaievich."Advertisement
- [NIKOLAI PAVLOVICH], emperor of Russia (1796-1855), eighth child of the emperor Paul I.
- following in his footsteps, aspired to found a Greek empire, the throne of which was to be occupied by her nephew, Constantine, specially so baptized, and brought up by Greek nurses (see Constantine Pavlovich).
- The command of the army was given to the emperor's brother Constantine, a man of somewhat erratic character, who did much to offend the Poles by violence, but also a good deal to please them by his marriage with Johanna Grudzinska, a Polish lady afterwards created Princess Lowicz, for whose sake he renounced his right to the throne of Russia (see Constantine PAvLovICH).
- He evacuated Warsaw and finally left the country, dying at Vitebsk on the 27th of June 1831 (see Constantine Pavlovich).
- In 1820 a further important step in the;natter of the succession was taken in the divorce of Constantine from the grand-duchess Anne and his re-marriage to Johanna Grudzinska (see Constantine Pavlovich).Advertisement
- She had opportunities of sending her letters to the Grand Duke Constantine Pavlovich, who commanded the Guards.
- But after Bennigsen's departure, the Grand Duke Tsarevich Constantine Pavlovich joined the army.