Pavlograd sentence example
- Schubert, the colonel of the Pavlograd Hussars, is dining with us today.
- The Pavlograd Hussars were stationed two miles from Braunau.
- The two Pavlograd squadrons, having crossed the bridge, retired up the hill one after the other.
- But our left--which consisted of the Azov and Podolsk infantry and the Pavlograd hussars--was simultaneously attacked and outflanked by superior French forces under Lannes and was thrown into confusion.
- The general in command of the infantry went toward his horse with jerky steps, and having mounted drew himself up very straight and tall and rode to the Pavlograd commander.Advertisement
- "The Pavlograd hussars?" he inquired.
- "The reserves, sire!" replied a voice, a very human one compared to that which had said: "The Pavlograd hussars?"
- A few minutes after the Emperor had passed, the Pavlograd division was ordered to advance.
- The whole world was divided into two unequal parts: one, our Pavlograd regiment; the other, all the rest.
- Several times parts of the Pavlograd regiment had exchanged shots with the enemy, had taken prisoners, and once had even captured Marshal Oudinot's carriages.Advertisement
- The Pavlograd regiment had had only two men wounded in action, but had lost nearly half its men from hunger and sickness.
- Nicholas Rostov experienced this blissful condition to the full when, after 1807, he continued to serve in the Pavlograd regiment, in which he already commanded the squadron he had taken over from Denisov.
- For the Pavlograd hussars, however, the whole of this retreat during the finest period of summer and with sufficient supplies was a very simple and agreeable business.